On Tuesday, I talked about my love of wine and chocolate. Together, separate, any way is fine.
Today, I’m going to talk about wine and cheese. Just as I love wine and chocolate, I think wine and cheese are a perfect pair.
On my 22nd birthday, Greg and I had a very nice little wine and cheese night together. It was so much fun and is one of my very favorite memories.
I remember the two of us going to the store and choosing different types of cheese and then different types of savory + sweet spreads and then fruits and crackers to put the cheeses and spreads on. We really didn’t know what we were doing — we’re not cheese or wine experts — but we had a lot of fun doing it.
We took everything home, made it look pretty on the table, poured some wine and started to enjoy our food.
We tried all different combinations of cheese, fruit, crackers and wine. I remember snacking all throughout the night. It was the perfect birthday dinner.
This dip was inspired by that night.
I love goat cheese. And I think it goes great with fruit. Just like in this salad. So I thought, why not make it into a dip for fruit. Why not add some sweet honey and spicy cinnamon!
To like this dip, you definitely have to like goat cheese. Even with the added sweetness, it still has that tangy goat cheese flavor.
Served with fruit and crackers, this dip is delicious. Enjoying it with a glass of wine is even better.
I enjoyed eating it on its own but also garnished with some fruit jam and chopped pecans.
- 10 ounces goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pecans, toasted + chopped
- Fruit jam/preserves, if desired, for topping
- Crackers + fresh fruit, for serving
- To toast the pecans, place 1/4 cup pecans in a skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until nuts become fragrant and slightly browned. Remove from heat and chop.
- Place the goat cheese in a food processor and process for about 30 seconds, or until almost "whipped." Add the honey, cinnamon and salt and process up to another 30 seconds, until dip is light and fluffy.
- Place dip in a bowl and top with fruit jam or preserves and chopped pecans. Serve with fresh fruit and crackers.
- I prefer this dip topped with both jam and chopped pecans. I like to serve it with honey wheat crackers and fresh strawberries, but use what you prefer.