How are you? It’s been awhile since I’ve last shared with you, but I’m back today with a recipe that I’m thrilled with. And, today’s recipe – creamy vegan! herbed hemp dip goes perfectly with the everyday oven fries I shared with you two weeks ago!
This dip (or spread) is inspired and heavily adapted from Edible Perspective’s Hemp Seed Dressing recipe. I saw Ashley’s recipe and immediately fell in love. Who knew that blending hemp seeds creates a creamy base perfect for making dressings, dips and spreads! This is it. This will be the base to any creamy dip or dressing I need in the future. Thank you Edible Perspective!
Today’s recipe is my ode to french fries dipped in ranch dressing, a lifelong favorite of mine. I’ve kind of stopped wanting to eat ranch dressing in the last few years though, due to its long and unnatural list of ingredients. I’ve tried my hand at homemade ranch dressing using things like sour cream and mayo, but am always disappointed when I have a ton of those ingredients leftover with no use for them.
While this recipe does not taste like an exact replica of the ranch we’re all used to, it’s a substitute that I’m actually even happier with. It tastes herb-y and delicious, makes a great dip and spread, and it uses real, natural ingredients that I keep on hand. This hemp seed dressing solves all my french fry + ranch problems and is to me, life changing.
It also goes great with fresh veggies, spread on sandwiches or drizzled in wraps!
- 1/3 cup water
- Juice from 1 lemon (or lime)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Small pinch of paprika
- Small drizzle Worcestershire (optional)
- Handful fresh dill
- Handful fresh chives
- Place all ingredients, except fresh herbs, into a blender. Blend on low speed for ~30 seconds, or until smooth and creamy. Scrape down sides of blender, add fresh herbs* and blend for an additional 30 seconds, or until fully incorporated.
- Enjoy as a dip, dressing or spread!
- Recipe inspired and heavily adapted from Edible Perspective's Hemp Seed Dressing (link in post).
- *Some people prefer a more subtle herb taste, so start with a small amount of fresh herbs and add more as desired.